- NATIONAL CYBERSECURITY AWARENESS MONTH (NCSAM)
- NATIONAL CYBERSECURITY ALLIANCE
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
Friday, October 16, 2020
Sunday, September 27, 2020
The September General Meeting can be found HERE. The short business meeting was followed by an excellent presentation by Kathe Klein, “How I Started a Podcast for Baby Boomers.”
List of equipment Kathi uses If we are using Skype for the interviews we use the following equipment: 1. Audio Technica ATR-2200 microphone using the XLR output and pop filter screen 2. Behringer Xenyx QX1202 USB Mixer 3. Sangean Digital Stereo MP3 recorder 4. Bose Qc35 headphones (or any analog headphones) 5. Computer of course (Windows 10) For software we use: 1. CyberLink AudioDirector for MP3 editing and mixing (could edit in WAV as well) Note: Could use Audacity, a free program 2. Auphonic.com for audio that has challenging leveling problems and/or some noise difficulties (We don’t use this all the time because AudioDirector has some good noise filters and audio compression.) 3. MP3Gain to make sure we have MP3 standard gain If we use Squadcast.com instead of Skype we use the following equipment: 1. Audio Technica ATR-2200 microphone using the USB output and pop filter screen Squadcast needs a microphone that has a 44K sample rate. We have also used an MPOW headset with microphone and analog input ($32) that has worked very well 2. Any headphones or headset 3. Computer of course Apple Podcasts https://www.facebook.com/flywithchrisanddi/videos/306004863439254/ Podcast Addict (Android) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_GkfZvwloo
The Nominating Committee members were announced at Thursday’s General meeting. They are Catherine Tracy, Richard McCollum, and Julie Yale. Please contact them if you are interested in running for a position on the Board.
For questions regarding membership and email address changes, contact SCHHCCMembership@gmail.com
Saturday, March 21, 2020
- South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control-Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Free MUSC Health Virtual Care Screening-https://campaigns.muschealth.org/virtual-care/index.html
- Town of Bluffton Government-https://www.facebook.com/TownBlufftonSC/
- Beaufort County Sheriffs Office - SC-https://www.facebook.com/BeaufortCoSO/
- The Island Packet has suspended its paywall (means you can read articles for free) for the time being-https://www.islandpacket.com/
- The Board of Directors has been closely monitoring the news surrounding COVID-19.
- We have been working with the General Manager and Association Management team, meeting on a regular basis to assess the ongoing challenges and to evaluate our options. Our highest priority is the health and well-being of our residents. As part of our decision-making process, the Board has been considering direction from state and local health care officials.
- As a result of this ever-changing environment, the Board has decided to close all outdoor pools and spas effective immediately. As with other recent closures, we know this decision is going to be upsetting for some, and a relief to others. Please know that every decision we are making is being done with your health and safety as the primary concern, and in concert with governmental directives and CDC guidelines and recommendations.
- Beaufort County recently issued an advisory to provide clarification on the law "illegal acts under state of emergency," now in effect through Governor McMaster's declaration of a state of emergency. Section 16-7-10 of the South Carolina Code of Laws states it is unlawful for people to congregate in groups of three or more unless authorized or in their homes.
MARCH 20th-WE’RE HERE FOR YOU
- The Board of Directors, General Manager, and Community Association management team understands that we are living in unprecedented and unusual times. Despite these challenging circumstances, the Board and Association will strive to work together to deliver a sense of normalcy so you may rest easy and continue to enjoy your slice of paradise.
- WHAT WE’RE DOING
- If they are able, Community Association employees have begun working remotely. This means that you may not immediately reach a staff member if you call their phone number. However, you may leave the staff member a voice message, and it will automatically forward to their email inbox. Staff will be monitoring their email and will return your message. If you leave your email address, they can correspond with you via email.
- The Association has also moved quickly this week to streamline certain procedures to keep business operating smoothly. For example, residents can now submit modification applications online through the community website. Log into www.SunCityHiltonHead.org and click the Modifications button located in the top image on Resident Central. The Modifications button is located directly beneath Guest Passes. Once you have completed and submitted the online form, a staff member will follow up with you via email to begin the modification process.
- Residents will still have the option to complete a hard copy of the modifications application. To print and submit a hard copy, log into www.SunCityHiltonHead.org and scroll to the Community Library tile. Click the Forms button and scroll to the section for Property Modification Applications. Select the appropriate application and print it out. After completion, the form can be dropped off in a box located at the front of Palmetto Commons. Staff will pick up hard copy applications periodically throughout the workweek.
- With amenity buildings closed, the Operations Department will continue to make progress on renovations throughout the community. If you are walking the property to get some exercise, please stay out of construction zones and keep clear of crews at work.
- The Association staff remains dedicated to providing Sun City residents with a high level of service throughout this unpredictable time.
- WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Please be patient with the Board, Association management team and staff members. Everyone is working hard behind the scenes to keep the community running. Do not hesitate to email us with your questions. If you choose to call a member of the staff, remember to leave your email address in your message so they can follow up with you electronically.
- In the current environment, it is important for everyone to take personal responsibility to help prevent the spread of the virus. Take a few moments to read more about how you can prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- WHAT'S NEXT
- The Board of Directors and General Manager continue to monitor the news surrounding COVID-19 in South Carolina, and continue to heed the guidance of federal, state and local health care officials. The circumstances regarding the impact of COVID-19 in our community are ever-changing, and we continue to adapt our daily actions accordingly. We take our responsibility seriously and consider the health and well-being of every Sun City resident our highest priority.
- WHERE TO LEARN MORE
- Sun City-specific updates will be shared with the community through eNews Weekly and Board Update emails and will be posted to the Membership Announcements page of the community website. To view the Membership Announcements page, log into www.SunCityHiltonHead.org. From Resident Central, scroll to the tile that says Membership Announcements and then click Learn More.
- As a reminder, please be sure you get your COVID-19 information from the reputable sources listed below.
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC)